Survey

It’s time to do action research!

I create two different surveys. The first one is a face-to-face survey of the people in London. Another one is an Online survey of Bangkok citizens.

1. London, The UK
I came to Green Park and Hyde Park observing people. Then ask some people I met these questions:

• How often do you come to the park?
  • What do you always do when you come to the park?
  • How do feel when you are in the park?
  • Is come to the park can relieve your stress? rate your stress from 0 -10 before and after coming to the park.
  • What is the reason that can make you not go to the park?

There were so many tourists came to visit the parks because these two parks are famous landmarks of London. They said in London they come to the park quite often because it’s convenient to go and there are many parks that they can visit but, in the parks in their countries, they visited not that often. Some people who live in London said they didn’t come to parks that much. The most often was 3 times a week and the average was around twice a month.

Everybody said the parks make them felt relaxed. Regarding stress, half people said that parks can help relieve their stress and the other half said they’re not sure about stress but parks could make them relaxed for sure.

Top 3 reasons why people come to the parks were
1. Relaxing/Calm/Peaceful
2. Chilling with friend
3. Free

The reasons that make they don’t visit the park
1. Busy > work
2. Inconvenient > too far, no public transport
3. The weather > raining, too hot

2.Bangkok, Thailand
As I’m here in London, my starting point of the survey with Bangkok people is contacting my university friends and my
co-workers to distribute my survey questions to the office workers 24-38 age group (Gen Y: 1980 – 1994). The aim of the survey is to investigate Bangkok millennials’ behavior related to stress and
their connection with nature and open spaces in their community.

2.1
I use the individual stress assessment form of the department of mental health of Thailand to test with my target audiences to measure the stress they have.

2.2
I did the online questionnaire to ask people more specific questions to gain new knowledge about their behaviors related to open spaces.

•  How often do you come to the park or open spaces?
•  Why do you come to the park?/ Why not?
• How do feel when you are in the park?
• When is your favorite time to visit the parks?
• Is come to the park can relieve your stress? rate your stress
from 0 -10 before and after coming to the park.
• What is the reason behind your stress
• What would relieve your stress?